My husband and I adopted our daughter in December 2008. A year and 8 days later her biological half-brother was born. We have adopted him too. We are extremely excited about the family God has given us. This blog is my opportunity to share our experiences as a family with my friends & family.
A Successful First Camping Trip
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
A Special Moment in My Day
At nap time today I was wishing someone else would have been here to take a picture of the 3 of us. Vance was extra tired today because he was up for 3 hours in the night (not sure what is going on there but that is for another day). He & Ella had just enjoyed 2 1/2 hours with their friends and the babysitter while I had Ladies Bible study at our house. The kids needed to eat lunch but Vance was rubbing his eyes & fussy. I knew we needed to sieze the moment and start naptime. So the three of us sat in the rocking chair and I began to read books. Vance was almost too tired that he was not completely cooperating. So we put the books aside and started singing our praise songs (as is our daily routine). He kept wiggling so I turned him around to put his head on my shoulder. Every couple of minutes he would sit up, look in my eyes & say, "kiss." So I kissed him and down his head went. He did this several times then he turned his head toward Ella. So his affection shifted from me to his sister. I don't know who reached out to who first. He leaned toward her & she reached her arm around him. Then Vance said, "Ella hug." He just melted into her arm. Then it was, "Ella kiss please." They kissed. We rocked for a while with Ella & I both having an arm around Vance and she & I holding hands. We sang "Jesus Loves Me" & "Amazing Grace." It was wonderful. I was reminded how blessed I am that God chose me to be their mommy. I was thankful that I got to see the precious bond & love they have for one another. I did think of their birth mother as well & how precious she too might think that moment was. I will do my best to describe it to her in our next letter but not sure it will do it justice. Again, how blessed am I that I get those moments but at the same time a little sad for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment