
Well it’s been almost a year since I last blogged. I’ve decided I missed this outlet and wanted to pick it back up again. I can’t promise the frequency of my posts but I’m going to try my best to write more often than last year. I figure the best way to get back in the grove is to fill you in on the past year.
I am the one who always has to say something positive but I feel like as a whole it was a difficult year. We had very little sleep and lots of sickness. I learned to appreciate coffee, sugar free Red Bull & the Disney Channel. But through it all there were so many joyous moments as well. Every day I got to stay home and be mom! I watched my daughter blossom into an adoring big sister & imitator of her mommy. I enjoyed all the baby firsts (smile, laugh, tooth, word, crawling, clapping, etc.) with my son. I was thankful for the times my husband got up in the middle of the night instead of me (he did that often). Even though some of the days & nights were hard I can look back on 2010 with a thankful heart.
Sleep finally entered our home on a consistent basis in November. That is because at the end of October we learned that our son was allergic to eggs, peanuts, milk & soy. Once we stopped giving him milk based formula he became a happy child and could finally enjoy a full night’s sleep. No wonder we had a difficult year. His main source of nutrition was causing him pain and we had no idea. I’m not too thrilled with the food allergies but we are learning to adjust.
The year started out with ear infections & RSV with Ella. It ended with a severe allergic reaction, double ear infection & bronchitis with Vance. I am hoping for a happy healthy 2011. There was much more that happened last year & I may reflect back and share those moments but my children have woken up from their naps. Time to be mom & take the kids outside on this beautiful sunny day!
I'm so glad you've decided to blog again! :) I miss ya like crazy girl! Sorry to hear about the allergies. I'm hoping that 2011 IS a better year for you and your littles! Our 2010 wasn't great either, but we managed! Love ya girl!
ReplyDelete